Some quickies for you:
- Dinesh D’Souza, asshat extraordinaire, is a big whiny child. Those evil prosecutors are doing their job and trying to put him in prison. How dare they?! He’ll get probation and we’ll probably still have to see his idiocy on Bill Maher.
- Conservatives are freaking out because the President saluted with a coffee cup in his hand. I would rather have a latte in the middle of my salute than a Scottish Terrier. And never mind about the real problems this country has because the paranoid, desperate, white, male base eats up this shit up.
- Can I just say how much I admire Gabby Giffords? She is absolutely amazing to have come back from that horrible tragedy in Tucson AND launch a PAC to fight against NRA extremism. What’s even better? It’s working.
- If I hear one more liberal complain that the President isn’t liberal enough, is ineffectual and that Congress sucks, I’m going to go nuclear and remind them that it’s probably because they didn’t vote in the f*%!ing 2010 mid-terms. Here’s just one very good example of how that has hurt and will continue to hurt us for years to come.
- How effed up is that Emma Watson, of Harry Potter fame, gave a speech to the U.N. on feminism and as a result was threatened with sexual violence and having nude photos of her posted online. This kind of terrorizing online is getting worse, not better. I don’t know the solution but I really feel for any woman who is harrassed and terrorized because she speaks her mind on the Intertoobs.
- Love the fact that big tech companies are divesting themselves of ALEC. If you don’t know who they are, they’re what’s wrong with America. A group of corporate representatives and conservatives who draft “model” legislation that they then push using vast resources in multiple states. Their laws which include gems like SB1070, Stand your Ground, Voter ID, and many more are nightmares and they’re making headway in many state legislatures because people aren’t paying attention to what’s happening on the state level. They’re too busy hating the President (see “Coffeegate” above and Congress (lowest approval ratings ever) on the national level and worrying about things that aren’t immediate threats (Ebola, Isis, etc).
- And speaking of ISIS, don’t you just love that we’ve gone to war and there was absolutely no debate in Congress?! They’d rather have yet another vote on appealing Obamacare. Never mind that the rising cost of healthcare has actually slowed down as a direct result of the law, which was one of the main points of it in the first damn place. Who needs facts….right?
I’d better stop while I’m ahead. Methinks I’m getting my mojo for political blogging back and it’s about damn time!