I know that many bloggers complain of not having enough to write about but I have recently had the opposite problem. I have so much going on personally and am seeing so much going on publicly that I hardly know where to start. The insanity of daily Arizona politics alone is overwhelming. I think I will settle for some lists of links with what I hope is my pithy commentary.
1. Why is Mittens, who pooh-poohed Birterism last week, hanging out and accepting money from Trump, who declared, and I quote, “He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia…” This is like saying you don’t support racism one week and the next week going to a fundraiser on your behalf given by David Duke.
2. An article/review by Brad DeLong of a book written by moderate conservatives is worth the read. The book laments the extremism that has taken over the Republican Party. DeLong takes them to task in awesome form. Here’s a sample:
You two are expecting normal politics to rein in a Republican Party gone bonkers extreme. But it will not work. The press corps will continue to say “he said, she said, yadda yadda yadda” either because they are gutless cowards or because they are bought. In a world of low-information voters, the bonkers extremism and sheer total meanness of the Republican Party will not get through.
3. Citizens for a Better Arizona staged a protest at Sheriff Arpaio’s office asking for their taxpayer funded vacations to Hawaii. Somehow I doubt that Joe got the message.
4. Some asshole is putting mini-bombs into flashlights that are getting donated to non-profits in the valley. I don’t know if they are mistakenly ending up at the non-profits or if they are being targeted. I feel bad for the volunteers though. They shouldn’t lose a hand when they are giving up their free time to charities who desperately need their help.
1. My former kitty, Dusty, has settled into her new home quite nicely. Per ThymeZone: Dusty update: She’s doing fine. Adjusted almost immediately. Is playing a little hard to get with the male cat but they will be fast friends in no time. Dusty spends a good deal of her time either in my lap, or sleeping next to my head when I am sleeping.
2. So much for a recuperative weekend….my poor daughter has been dry heaving and crying since she arrived yesterday. I am the official hair holder and face wiper. It is a measure of how much I love her because were she not my child I would have offered her a trash can and slept in another room. I am too squeamish around such things normally to be of any use. Love can make us reach beyond ourselves, sometimes.
3. Even though I sold and donated a good deal of my possessions I still have too much stuff for our tiny apartment. Therefore, the culling shall continue until we are right-sized.